If you’re someone experiencing symptoms of erectile dysfunction, you may be looking into what options are available for treatment. There are a variety of choices, and Trimix self-injections are one of them.
What is Trimix?
Trimix injections are a mixture of three drugs (Phentolamine, Papaverine, and Alprostadil) that is customized and compounded to suit each patient. It provides an easy-to-use, safe method of achieving and maintaining an erection for men struggling with erectile dysfunction. It’s an alternative to PDE5 inhibitor tablets and is ideal for men who cannot take, have not had good results with, or experience severe side effects from tablets such as Viagra, Levitra, or Cialis.
How does it work?
Trimix is an easy-to-use, self-injected penile injection medication. When injected into the penis, Trimix’s blend of three vasodilators causes the corpus cavernosum to relax, expand, and fill with blood. With Trimix, patients experience longer and fuller erections in just 5 minutes or less and may even last through the climax.
- safe and reliable;
- fast-acting and long-lasting erections;
- affordable compared to oral medications;
- not affected by alcohol consumption.
How to use Trimix?
Below are step-by-step instructions detailing how to properly use your penile injection at home without a doctor.
- Tear open an alcohol swab and wipe the rubber top of the bottle to sterilize it.
- Peel open the syringe carefully and remove the protective cover from the needle. It is important that you do NOT contaminate the needle with anything but the rubber bottle cap.
- Push the needle through the rubber stopper, then flip the ampule (the glass container of medication) upside down. Pull-on the plunger until you withdraw 1.0 cc of the medicine.
- As you continue to hold the ampule upside down, inject whatever air remains in the syringe into the ampule.
- Withdraw the fluid until there are no more air bubbles in the syringe and the correct amount of medication is in the syringe.
- Pull the needle out of the ampule and lay the syringe on the edge of a flat surface. Make sure the needle hangs over the edge to keep it from touching anything.
- Grasp the head of the penis between the index finger and thumb and gently pull the penis away from your body until the skin is taut.
- When choosing an injection site, avoid any area where a vein is clearly visible. We recommend changing injection sites from left to right as well as up and down the shaft and back again to ensure that you do not develop scar tissue at one specific site.
- Wipe the skin with an alcohol swab.
- Pick up the syringe with the other hand and position your hand like you’re about to throw a dart.
- Touch the point of the needle to the place you want to inject. (Only inject your penis while you’re sitting or standing.)
- Hold the syringe at a 90-degree angle and push lightly to penetrate the skin near the base of your penis.
- Once you’ve poked through the skin, you will feel some resistance. Push firmly forward until a distinct “give” is felt. The needle should now be in the right place (within erectile bodies). The whole length of the needle should also be up to the hub.
- Hold the syringe between your index and middle fingers and place a thumb on the plunger to inject the entire contents of the syringe. Then take the needle out of your penis.
- Immediately apply pressure to your penis with your thumb and index finger for two to three minutes using the alcohol swab. Wait until there is no bleeding.
- Place the needle in the disposal box.
If you’ve got some additional questions, please contact us to get a free consultation.